- Dr. Kelley put me in contact with the Seattle Mariners for the possibility of an internship. She helped me construct my resume and prepped me for the interview. I got the internship.
- Dr. Kelley was my consulting professor when did a University of Washington Bothell consulting project for Masterpiece AG-Limited. A project that lasted six months, I got life long lessons how to lead a team, accomplish task on-time while providing a high quality product for our client.
- Dr. Kelley was my consulting professor for a benchmarking project which my team and I provided recommendations and a strategic plan for the Yakama Nation Museum in Toppenish, WA. She taught me to get meeting with people and through the project I was privileged enough to interview the Vice President of Institutional Advancement at the Museum of Flight.
- Dr. Kelley personally asked me to be a consultant to her Business Strategy course that was working on an international collaboration project with the first private Bosnian University, Slobomir P Univerzitet. I went to Bosnia not knowing anyone and unable to speak the language to work with the professors, students and local companies in the first student consulting project in the county. I taught business strategy, leadership and team building.
- Dr. Kelley sent me a link for a potential job shortly after graduation. I followed up with the people and they put me in contact with another company which lead to my position with Starbucks Coffee Company as a royalty accountant.
Now if a professor impacts a students life and students lives in this manner wouldn’t it be in the best interest of the University to retain such a high quality professor? I think so, I totally believe it so. Professor Kelley is a great woman and is only rivaled by my mom and grandma. Now I ask you, would you want to mentored by a person that cares so much in your life? How can a value be placed on someone who has had this type of impact? In my humble opinion, you can’t.
PK you are the best thing that could have ever happened to me. With your straight forward, no bones style teaching, you showed me what exactly it is going to take for this Marysville kid to become successful and what you taught me is priceless. Through your guidance and leadership, I have achieved things that are still beyond my comprehension. So I solute you and the quality of caring you put into all your students academic, professional and personal achievements. You’re the Best in my Book and I am confident there are many others that feel as I do. Today the University of Washington Bothell has lost one of their greatest evangelizer.
I love ya PK!!